The kids had not seen our wedding videos, (I haven't seen them in years either) and what with it being our anniversary, I pulled the videos out for a walk down memory lane.
I was cracking up almost the entire time. Maggie was so 'into it.' Whereas, William...not so much.
Here are just a few of the million and half comments and questions he voiced in the 25 minutes or so of watching the videos.
This is taking for hours!
This is SO BORING! (Complete with a foot stomp)
Hey look! There's ____________! (Insert every name of every person he recognized.)
Hey, what they doing?!
Hey, why they doing that?!
Is this almost over?
Why's that candle not lighting?
Why you wearing that crown mom?
Hey! It's Mr. Seth...where's Austin and Kenna?!!
(Referring to me and Kyle as 'her' and 'him' most of the time)....why he love her?
Why he want to marry her?
Who her talking to?
What she say?
This all finished yet?!
Was you scared?
Am I going to have to get married someday?
Who me going to marry?
I want to stay a kid! I never want to get married! I eat NO vegetables so I never grow up! I eat only MEAT! Only CHICKEN NUGGETS!
There ya have it.
Forget my sentimentality...this time of reminiscing was turned swiftly to a giggle fest with my two precious ones. And I'm thankful for it...it's always hard to look back at those who were with us and now aren't, to think of all that's changed, even though most has been good. It could have been tearful, but tonight, it was tears of joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment