Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"I want to live in God's Heart"

For quite some time, my dear hubby has mentioned here and there that I should start blogging again.  It seemed a little overwhelming, what with trying to keep up with two lively kiddos, and not much down time, but I had recently begun to give it some more thought. I opened this blog site weeks ago, and thought about it often, but didn't commit to doing anything with it. Today, however, a most precious moment occured that spurred me to believe that, yes, maybe it is a good time to begin blogging again. Much easier way to relay the silly "goings on" of my little family to all the relatives in different states than a quick FB status update, where the details get omitted.  So, here I go.  Hopefully you will gain some insight, have a chuckle or share a smile with us as we try our best to keep life fun and full of Christ's love.

My little Ms. Maggie, 3 1/2, has always been very inquisitive about God, Jesus and matters of faith.  We have tried to do our best, though often not as consistently as we would like, to read to her from the Bible, do devotions with her and make sure she is at church as much as possible.  She has some of the most amazing questions and insights, that even I, at 30 years old, can't imagine how she thought of it, or sometimes, how to even answer her appropriately.  It has been a lot of fun to be challenged by her, as I assess her questions and test my own beliefs.  Well, today I was blessed with one of the most precious moments of my life.  After we read out of her "Beginners Bible" before her nap, she asked to also have a story out of her VeggieTales Bible (got to love those veggies!) so we read about Josh and the Big Wall. In summary, it reiterated how we always need to follow God's rules and listen to what instructions He gives us.  After the story, she says to me, "Mom, I want to follow God's rules and do what He wants me to do." Of course, I jumped at the opportunity to show my enthusiasm for this train of thought, when she then followed up with, "but I don't know how." So I told her that the more time she spent with God and His word, she would more understand what it is that He wants her to do.  Then she exclaimed, "I want to live in God's Heart!"  As I teared up, I said that He wants to live in her heart too! She said again, "but I don't know how."  So, I explained the precious gift of God's salvation (this follows up many detailed questions over the last few days about Jesus' crucifixion and how He died for US!)  So, I told her that all she had to do is accept this gift, and pray to God and ask Him to live in her heart so she can be His forever.  She said, "mom, will you do a special pray to God for me so He'll live in my heart?"  Where more precious words ever said?!  So, I humbly made it through a simple prayer for her, asking God to live with her and that when she is older, she would not forget this time, but be prepared and excited to say her own prayer of repentance. 
I can't remember being more amazed at God's presence in that time, and while I realize she is very young, and has much to learn, experience and understand, I am grateful that God allowed me to be with her as she takes her first steps toward a life of service to an amazing God. 
Praise HIS Name!

2 comments:

  1. so great! we are celebrating with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool moment for you and Maggie. I can't wait until Cohen and I can have God conversations. :)

    ReplyDelete