Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Frolic

Today was an exceptionally fun, laid back day at the Schmidt house.  We started the morning with dear friends, the Barcalows.  April and her two precious little men came over for a playdate, and aside from Maggie's freak-out session when they arrived, we had a great time.  Here is an incriminating photo of Henry and Maggie, who looks kind of like a drag queen in those giraffe pants...sorry, darlin'.  They are the best of friends, and simply too sweet. I have said it once, I'll say it again, if they don't end up married, I might cry.
After lunch and naps, the moment I have been waiting a whole week for finally arrived.  I picked up our double jogging stroller!!! Seriously, Walmart's Site to Store setup is nifty. Free shipping, what?!  Love it. Anyways, we got that thing home and after assembling the beast, while the kids enjoyed the box, I couldn't keep them off it. So, we bundled up and took 'er for a spin.  Maggie enjoyed it so much, she cried when I told her it was time to go home. William, however, seemed indifferent.  Mommy was in a blissful state of smooth, easy, almost-self-propelled strolling.  Can't wait till my ridiculous injured foot is healed so we can really see what she's made of.



















After our little jaunt, Mags, whose latest fascination is gardening, got out her Princess gear and dug in the dirt for a while before going in for the night. 

Lastly, after baths and putting the little prince to bed, Mags and I had a movie night. We watched "Up" which was pretty cute.  I made her a Smore's for a little treat, and needless to say, she enjoyed it to the fullest.


Now that the king of the castle is home from work, I will now suffer through the Ohio State and UK game.  This is not a good place for me to be....the tension is high. ;)  Dare I say...GO BUCKS!

1 comment: