Monday, February 13, 2012

Same old, same old

Fortunately, it's been a pretty uneventful couple of weeks....not much to blog about. :)   But, we have hit another milestone, and I am thankful.  I am now 30 weeks along. Hard to believe we have known about Elijah's condition for 12 weeks now.  Goodness, how life and perspectives and faith have changed.  We are so grateful that on the good days and the miserable days, God has walked unwavering with us...as have our friends.  We have seen the love of Christ through so many friends and acquaintances these past weeks that it is almost staggering.  God has blessed us. He is blessing us!  We have really enjoyed our time with Elijah lately as the kicks are crazy strong and it is certain that she is having a party in there.  Still, we find it so hard to really wrap our minds around the sad outcome we expect when there is so much life happening right now.  Often, I find myself questioning, "are you sure there's a problem?" to no one in particular.  God knows, but my heart sometimes doesn't.
I realized the other day that we haven't taken many pics of the progression through this pregnancy, so here's a couple of recent ones.  Man, I am a hoss. The stress/grief/comfort eating has definitely taken its toll on me this time.  But, in the grand scheme of things, I figure my weight's not my biggest concern right now. :)



I am glad also, that my mental "checklist of preparation" of things to buy or do or call about has been completed.  I, or one of my friends, has gathered up all the little sentimental things I wanted to have ready to take to the hospital with us.  I think the only thing left to finish up are the little outfits (one for a boy, one for a girl) that my mom, the amazing seamstress is making for Elijah.  She has a few finishing touches, and that will be one more thing I won't have to worry about.  It is odd to feel both satisfaction and fear of finality from completing this list.  In one regard, I realize there is little I will be able to do for Elijah in this life, so I know that I have done my best to do everything I can for her (and for my momma's heart). But, on the flip side, knowing we have gotten the details kind of wrapped up means the end is near.  I am thankful, though, that the feeling of preparedness mostly outweighs the negative.  I would be sick going to the hospital, knowing that there were things left undone....I would have felt like I failed her.

On a more positive note, Mag's dance class had visitor's day last week.  Here are a few cute pics to share.  She seems to have caught up from all the classes she missed while having the broken leg, so we're glad for that.  She's such a beautiful little ballerina :)





And, lastly, just another few pics of my beautiful valentines.
Happy early Valentine's Day, everyone!


Had to include this one just because of Will's hilarious "what in the world" facial expression...looks a lot like me...hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. You are crazy to think you look like a hoss! You are honestly GORGEOUS! Praying for ya, friend!

    ReplyDelete