Friday, January 4, 2013

William Turns 3!

I'll admit, I've struggled with this milestone a bit. As I put William to bed last night, he instantly fell asleep, which is rare, and I had the gift of being able to watch him snooze peacefully, cuddled with his fuzzy blankie. I just sat in awe of him, his last day of being two, his last day of seeming more like a "baby." Three is different. It's definitely more grown up in his eyes, as his first words this morning were, "Me three? Me tall?!"
It's different in my eyes too. I just want to freeze him at this age. He is the sweetest, snuggliest, silliest ball of joy ever. He loves to hold my hand. And today, he chose to come home with me instead of stay with Mags and Nana at McDonald's play land. That's love, people. It's hard to think that these days will end one day. So, I had my moments of mourning his "babyhood." I mourned that, according to my plan, he wasn't suppose to be the baby at this point, but the middle child in our house. I left his room last night in tears, but as Maggie reassured me: "Mom, I'm sure three will be a great year for him." I had to believe that she is right (and oh so amazingly sweet for yet again knowing how to comfort me.)
So, today was thankfully filled more with Williams's hilarious antics and unbridled joy over the excitement of his birthday. In his little raspy voice, he boldly exclaimed how he LOVED this thing or that, and made me measure him on the growth chart. He has had such a wonderful day, minus a couple of nasty, sugar-and-new-toys-I-don't-want-to-share induced meltdowns. Here are some pics of our day, and his awesome party. :)


































No comments:

Post a Comment