We did not plan it, but we are thrilled. The roller coaster of emotion has been wild. Fears and elation have been the book ends so far.
As Kyle and I sat eating lunch after our appointment with the specialist today, we marveled at what God has done, and is doing.
We started with a miscarriage scare and the doctor being unable to even find the baby on ultrasound.
We then saw baby a week later, but a few days later feared miscarriage again.
Weeks later we got the call we feared most, telling us the Quad Screen test was elevated for Downs Syndrome.
Three days later, we were comforted that the only soft markers were the choroid plexus cyst and a two-vessel cord.
Diagnostic tests later revealed no chromosomal abnormalities. And we thought that was the height of our relief.
Today, at our visit, a mere four weeks after the last, the cyst has resolved completely. That's sooner than they expected.
Then, as the tech scanned, she said, "you must have been praying for a miracle. The cord definitely has three vessels!"
I was completely shocked and even though I knew that the two vessel cord wasn't a huge issue to begin with, I was so overwhelmed with thanksgiving and relief that I just wept.
The doctor and tech went back and looked at our previous ultrasound pics and they were sort of at a loss. The dr. said it certainly did look like it was a two vessel cord last time. He had no explanation other than it could have been a bad picture angle. But, the last tech even showed where the blood flow entered and exited the body, etc.
today, he went through and showed us on at least three pictures where all three vessels are.
I cannot begin to comprehend how good my God is. We've gone from not being able to find the baby to wading through fears to leaving with unexpected news that our daughter is PERFECT. I am kind of in shock. And so blessed at the good and perfect gifts the he has given us.
As my friend April has said numerous times..."we're gonna pray this baby through to delivery." She's right. God has heard our prayers and we are in awe. We will continue to pray for a healthy little girl and thank God that no matter what, He loves her more than we ever could and He is in control.
On another fun note, we got to do some shopping since we were close to babies r us. Got the stroller and car seat...had to use up that coupon I had. ;)
And it came with a free diaper pail! Woot!
Then, we went to a fantastic lunch and on the way home saw that Noblesville is getting a Zaxby's. I'm not sure my day could get any better :)
No comments:
Post a Comment