Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Due Date Blues

I'm not gonna lie. I'm a good bit aggravated that today is my due date and I'm still massively pregnant. There's a crazed frustration that comes from seeing that magic number on the calendar come, then seeing the sun set on that day with no baby in your arms. I know, I know, it's just a date. It's just an estimation. But show me the woman who is past due and not 'over being pregnant' completely and I'll make you a fabulous dessert or something. 

I've tried to stay as positive as possible today, and not let the calendar get me down. So, here are the small victories I've focused on instead....
I got an impromptu nap!
I was able to grocery shop and make sure my family has food while I have to be in the hospital, and the grandparents won't have to mess with shopping on top of everything else. 
I was able to feel my sweet one kick and roll in my gargantuan belly, thankful for her life. 
I got to read books to my son and push him on the swing, though my body wanted to just sit for a while. 
I got to hear my kiddos cracking themselves up as they made a huge soapy mess in the bathroom I had cleaned mere hours earlier. 
As I just mentioned, my house got cleaned over the last two days. No small feat for me with less energy :)
I got lots of muffins made to freeze for the kids' breakfasts over the next few weeks. 
All the laundry is done.  
The weather was gorgeous today and all the windows are open. I love fall!
My husband took the kids to watch a soccer game so I could have some time to myself....during which I just devoured warm homemade Pumpkin Crisp. Have I mentioned I love fall?!
And lastly, though I am bummed that this little girl is keeping us waiting, we know she will be born in October, which is basically the best month of the year! 

I see the dr. in the morning. Anxious to see what he says, and more and more anxious to hold my girl. To see that she truly is healthy, and that we can start life as a family of five. I covet your prayers over the next few weeks as we adjust to life with a newborn again. I ask that you pray for her health and my nerves. I ask that you pray for William, as he's had a lot of trouble taking to the idea that he will no longer be the baby and a lot of the attention he demands will have to be shared. I ask that you pray for Maggie because she might get aggravated at me if I don't let her care for her sister as much as she'd like (she's a rock star of a big sis) and pray for Kyle as he holds us all together and cares so well for us. Pregnant and post-partum wives are sometimes a lot to handle ;) and even though he is amazing at loving us well, I'm sure it can be tiring for him too. 

Looking forward to being able to share little Schmidtlet's name and pictures with you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment