Here are some pics from last summer when we first started work.
I got the 'L' for above her crib really early on. Like, before we knew for sure if her name would indeed be lucy. But, it was on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I couldn't pass it up.
The chandelier was from a rummage and was basically free. I spray painted it and that was it. We're not sure though if we'll keep it up, as it does hang a bit too low. If we keep it, I will add small lamp shades.
Her bedding was an accidental find at Babies R Us. For the entire set plus an extra sheet, we paid $40 for a $175 set. Thank you, clearance bin.
And, the crib has been with us since maggie was a baby :)
I made the curtains and used trim from another baby project for the accent. Love not wasting leftover materials. :)
I made the curtains and used trim from another baby project for the accent. Love not wasting leftover materials. :)
And of course, I love the gutter bookshelves, like the big kids have, so I added one here also.
This dresser was one of my first purchases when I bought my first house. It was so cheap at an antique store. After a nice trip from KY to here, a fresh coat of paint, and pink paint on the old knobs, we were set.
For all of our kids, we have a footprint plate. Lucy's turned out so cute, even though the colors are a bit off.
Her headband holder there on the right was an idea from Pinterest, and as luck would have it, the old residents of our house left behind some wooden frames. I just painted it and added some twine I already had. I bought tiny clothes pins and painted them to match the color scheme, and that was it. So inexpensive and cute.
The little white table isn't something I would necessarily buy, but we already had it in storage, so I painted it up to match and it gets the job done.
This dresser was one of my first purchases when I bought my first house. It was so cheap at an antique store. After a nice trip from KY to here, a fresh coat of paint, and pink paint on the old knobs, we were set.
For all of our kids, we have a footprint plate. Lucy's turned out so cute, even though the colors are a bit off.
Her headband holder there on the right was an idea from Pinterest, and as luck would have it, the old residents of our house left behind some wooden frames. I just painted it and added some twine I already had. I bought tiny clothes pins and painted them to match the color scheme, and that was it. So inexpensive and cute.
The little white table isn't something I would necessarily buy, but we already had it in storage, so I painted it up to match and it gets the job done.
Her little toy box was from a garage sale. I just bought a sample container of paint to match for about $2, and painted it up also. The whole project was less than $5.
This rocking chair was super ugly brown with gold accents when I bought it last summer. But I loved the shape of it. So, again, a few good coats of paint and a cushion, made by my mom (same fabric as curtains) and we have a beautiful look for less than $100.
This rocking chair was super ugly brown with gold accents when I bought it last summer. But I loved the shape of it. So, again, a few good coats of paint and a cushion, made by my mom (same fabric as curtains) and we have a beautiful look for less than $100.
I majorly love this mirror. Another garage sale find. $10 and Pink Mambo spray paint. One of my favorite things in the room!











No comments:
Post a Comment