Friday, January 29, 2016

Whole 30: Day 15!

I am so proud of us for making it to the half-way point!! We have done way better than I expected. Minimal whining and cravings. 😉
When we first started, it completely overwhelmed me to make out the menu for a whole week...all three meals each day. Too much brain power needed for that. But, I have found that it's gotten much easier, and this week as I planned for next, I also watched Downton Abbey, so I feel that proves I'm getting the hang of it. 
It's been fun trying new recipes, new foods and different flavors. I've even deceived some friends into thinking that cauliflower mash was real mashed potatoes. And they liked it!

My biggest issues with this program actually have nothing to do with the restrictions. 1. it's just so stinking expensive. 2. There is just so much time in the kitchen prepping, cooking and cleaning. But, I've gotten somewhat use to it, and Kyle has been awesome at helping with the cleanup. 

Throughout the program, you're not suppose to weigh yourself and I've stuck with that. But I did kind of cheat the other day and measure my waist. I've already lost 2"!! I'm back in some of my old clothes again, and overall feeling great. 
I am so thankful that we've had the opportunity to make these changes. I am so much more aware of what I am putting in my body and that of my kids'. I've realized how natural it is for me to run to food for comfort, and how I have to replace that with something else, be it prayer or calling a friend, talking with Kyle about what's bothering me, etc. Chocolate really doesn't love me back, so I shouldn't rely on it too much. 

Another awesome aspect of this program is how much less pain I have now. When I was first researching the whole30, I read a lot of testimonials about how people were able to cut down on their meds and various health issues were resolved. I didn't think it would apply to me much, as I don't have many 'problems'. I had just gotten use to having a painful lower back with stiffness, and for months, I had lots of pain in my right foot. I figured it was just something I'd have to live with and get over it. But, after several days, I noticed that my pain was almost completely gone! I began reading more about how our diets affect arthritis pain and such, and was blown away. By cutting out many of the foods that are often associated with inflammation in the body and arthritic pain, I feel a million times better! I never expected that going into this! What a major bonus! 

Here's to next 15 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment