It was this day last year that we saw those precious blue letters on that little stick: pregnant. It was a super happy day, and I believe I actually jumped up and down, with Kyle staring in disbelief. It was finally here, the opportunity to make our family complete.
Well, obviously things didn't turn out the way we dreamed one year ago, but I can say with complete confidence that I am different. I dare to say I am better...WE are better as a family because of the sweet fellowship with Christ we have experienced. Even though the valley was dark, I wouldn't trade who we are now for who we were then. God has blessed us immensely, opened doors for ministry and allowed us to draw closer to Him than I've ever known.
I can now look at my kids through different eyes, with an appreciation that comes only after losing a precious child. While the temptation is there to hover over my kids and try to keep them right under my wing, I have assurance that God will taking care of them better than I can anyways...after all..they are His kids, simply on loan to me.
So, I look back today fondly instead of with sadness. I am thankful for the 32 weeks I did have with Elijah. We can move forward, but we'll never forget.
Brittani,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog a few months ago when we received our daughter's Trisomy 13 diagnosis at 28 weeks. She was born at 34w5d due to preclampsia and lived for two hours ten minutes on July 5th. I honor you and how you are letting Christ shine in your valleys. We, too, are trying to do the same. Praying for you and celebrating your 32 weeks of Elijah.
In Christ,
Shannon Hartman
www.thehartmanhouse.blogspot.com