I can't believe this week is finally here. For 5 years, I've looked forward to, and dreaded, Maggie going to school. I swore I wasn't going to be one of "those moms" who gets all mushy when their kid just goes to pre-school for a few hours a day, just a few days a week. I. Was. Wrong.
Last night was the parent orientation. I almost cried seeing the slideshow of kids playing from last year. I had to hold it together as they went through the parent handbook. I am going to be a mess on Friday when I drop her off and walk out the door. Oh my word, I'm tearing up now. I am such a dork.
This is a good transition for us though. After being together almost every day of her whole life, it is time. She is ready for this, even though I might not be. She is so excited about going to her "meet the teacher" time this morning that she didn't sleep well. Then she got up early. She asked to make her bed and get dressed by herself! What a big girl! And now, in true Maggie form, she is in her room, belting out her original praise songs and arranging all those stuffed animals on her bed. Can't I keep her this little forever....
No comments:
Post a Comment