Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Can See the Wheels Turning

This week has been one of milestones for William. It seems he is growing leaps and bounds lately.  Besides being ridiculously adorable, he now is showing a fun new imagination that is blooming. Tonight, as I put him to bed, he began telling me a story...his first made up tale.  So cute.

It went something like this: "Big car fly over my house! White car!"
I then asked who was driving. "A PUPPY!" followed by lots of giggles.
Me: "Wow buddy! That's so cool!"
Will: "Tires too! And geese. All together.  Geese go HONK! Car go HONK too!!" followed by many more giggles.

So, there you have it. My miniature budding author.
Aside from this fun new development, we have also entered full force into the "why" phase of toddlerdom.  He asks "why" after everything now.  I even heard him playing in the other room saying "why mom?" and I wasn't even there....it's like it just has to come out all the time. *sigh*  I know it's an important phase, but it can be a bit tiresome.

And, lastly, one of my least favorite times in a toddler's life.  The moment when they realize they can get out of bed and come wake me up...any time of the night.  Maggie was really bad about this, and would scream and throw a fit when I made her go back to bed.  Fortunately, the most snarky William's gotten with me is to ask "why" he has to go back to bed, but still, he's waking me up during the night, then again early in the morning, then finally up for the day just before dawn.  This is definitely not the best time for this tired, continuously nauseous momma to be losing lots of sleep.  But, I remind myself that this too shall pass. It's a phase, and although some of his new discoveries are difficult for me, it is exciting to see him grow and learn and know that inside that gorgeous little (well, big) head of his, that brain is working overtime creating and understanding his world.  It's exciting really, once I've had my treasured one cup of coffee and hopefully a nap. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment