Monday, April 30, 2012

The epitome of a Monday

It has been one of those days around the Schmidt house today. This rotten mess of colossal cuteness has been nothing but trouble. 

Our morning was spent with me chasing after him, trying to curb the destruction.  The rest of the time was spent with me trying to discipline him with not much luck.  He's finally hit the "terrible twos."  Lord, help me.
Please tell me I'm not the only mom who has spent almost an entire day being screamed at, pulled on, jumped on, hit at, given the "stink eye", broken up fights and dished out time-outs like they're candy...
It has been a trying one to say the least.  My one saving grace was nap time.  Guess who didn't nap...this guy. 

Instead, he talked to himself for over an hour, then ended his monologue via the baby monitor with the too familiar calls of "mom, mom, mom, mom *pause* mom....woohoo (his form of whistling at me when he doesn't get my immediate attention). I knew my time was up. Not only was I greeted with a mischievious grin when I opened the door, but also the pungent smell of poo and another round of peed-on sheets (third pull-up leak in a week).  Lucky me.


So, it's Monday. My house is a disaster. There are mountains of laundry staring menacingly at me.  I didn't get a shower. I fear what might be growing under the piles of dirty dishes in the sink. My down comforter has yogurt spilled all over it.  So, guess who's gonna beg for an hour to go and sit at Starbucks tonight...in silence. :)

But, despite all the chaos, the mess, the disobedience, tantrums and fights, I am in love.  These kiddos make life so amazing (maddening at times, but amazing nonetheless).  So, I'll just do my best, pray for more grace and kiss those sticky, chubby cheeks all I can.  After all, that's the blessing of being a momma...even on a Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Brit - love this! I was going to write a similar post on my blog about my monday which was also chaotic all before 8:30am...but I still haven't gotten to it. Maybe tomorrow...unless tomorrow is like today :) But like you, I wouldn't want it any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you being real. I need to see that I'm not the only SAHM who doesn't have it all together...and sometimes misses a shower. :)

    ReplyDelete