Ah...a small sigh of relief. One hurdle of many jumped. We got to see what appears to be a healthy baby today on the screen. I needed to see/hear a heartbeat and a pocket of fluid (which wasn't present at all with Elijah). So, while I know many other things could happen, I am choosing for now to not worry, fear, come up with worst case scenarios, or imagine the what-ifs. For today, I am content with the knowledge that what I saw on that monitor was a healthy baby.
Not only could we see his/her arms and legs wiggle like you would expect, this baby was flat out dancing. I mean busting a move! The only thought that came to my mind was that this baby was dancing in praise to his/her creator. It was worship. I will never a second guess that. It was magical and fun and beautiful.
On another positive note, I lost four pounds since last visit! Now, whether that is because I purposely wore my thinnest material shirt and lightest shoes, or because I've avoided sweets, I'll never know. But, I'm calling it a win either way.
Also, it's been a whole day, and I haven't keeled over yet from eating on this gestational diabetes diet plan. It's really not so bad. Sadly (and annoyingly) enough, I have to check my blood sugar four times a day. But, it's super reassuring to see how normal my numbers are...at least I can stop worrying that I am somehow hurting this kid with every bite.
As of all this awesomeness wasn't enough already, Kyle took the day off! So, we had a whole morning to ourselves thanks to some amazing friends who kept the kids. I even got to eat out for lunch with just him! I finished a whole meal before it got cold! Wow.
After picking up the kids, we took them to our favorite pumpkin patch. They played hard and we got a bunch of pretty pumpkins! A very lovely end to a wonderful day.
I am thanking Jesus right now for a great doctor visit, a healthy baby, for getting a handle on my health and for a near perfect day with my family! To Him be the glory!




Praise God!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Praising God with you for that dancing little baby!
ReplyDelete