Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stop the Insanity!

It's been that week. Allll week. It was bound to happen sooner or later, but I hit "the wall" yesterday. You know the one I'm talking about. The one you'd rather sit and bang your head on than go and wash another pile of dirty dishes. Yeah, that one.
After weeks of William's early mornings, consistent nausea, nursing kids' colds, constantly having to be somewhere, breaking up fights, searching for two sets of little listening ears, and some pretty nasty 2.5 year old tantrums, all while daddy has to work 8,477 hours every week....bam. I'm done.
I write all this not really to complain so much, but just to be real. We've all been there. And if you say you haven't, liar, liar pants on fire. These years with little kids are just tough. Pregnancy is tough. Having your husband gone a lot because he has an awesome but consuming job is tough.
But, tough as it may be, there's nowhere else I'd rather be, or nothing else I'd rather be doing. I'm recognizing, however, my need for a bit of down time. What may have tipped me off are the elaborate daydreams of mountain cottages, bed and breakfasts, novels, and sleeping in that I began to experience yesterday. I also realized that I've not been away from the kids for more than a few hours, since last December. It's no wonder I'm a tad burnt out. I'm thanking God right now that Nana is swooping in to save this weary momma this weekend!! Hallelujah!
A couple of things that have compounded my insanity this week: one is my concern over this gestational diabetes issue they tell me I have, but still have another week to wonder if I'm messing up my baby with every bite, until I get some answers next Thursday. Ugh.
If that weren't enough, as I type, my uncle David, the man who was the best example of a father and grandfather I had in my life growing up is in triple bypass surgery. He is 80 years old, though you would never guess it by looking at him, and he has a heart of gold. I literally saw him give someone the coat off his back when they didn't have one. He is awesome. And I am scared for him. I am sad that I'm not able to be there with my family, too.
So, I'm reminded, with all the chaos, concern, suffering, anxiety and uncertainty in this life that we are foreigners. This is not our home. We have a prize much greater waiting for us in Heaven. Our hearts will never be heavy and seclusion to refuel won't seem necessary. What a glorious life it will be!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the stressful week... but THANK YOU for posting about it! Sometimes I don't think people want to read "real". They come to blogs looking at picture-perfect worlds of SAHMs who bake, sew, clean and take professional quality photos of their model babies... AND THAT'S NOT REAL! :) I have been tempted to write a similar post this week. Being a momma is the most rewarding thing ever--but it is also ex.haust.ing! :) Praying for a healthy pregnancy for Baby Schmidt #4!

    ReplyDelete