Saturday, December 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Jesus party

A few weeks ago, Mags asked me if she could have a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party. After double checking with Kyle, we decided to let her have it and allow her to plan and implement the whole thing.
She has been busy! She made her own invitation list and invitations, planned the details and made more lists. She planned activities, made food, and decorated. She did most of it on her own and was super excited (except about the insane amount of cleaning I made her do...good lesson in responsibility, huh?!)
So, this morning, our house was filled with the delightful sounds of giggles and excitement of several of Maggie's close friends. I think they all had a good time. We read a story about Jesus's birth, had snacks, did crafts and activity pages, sang happy Birthday to Jesus and played a rousing game of "pin the star on the nativity scene." We also gathered birthday presents for Jesus in the form of new or gently used toys to be taken this week to a local Mission.
I am so proud of all the thought that Maggie put into this party, and that it was all her idea. I am thankful for her love of Jesus, and her desire to share that with others.
Here are some pictures of our morning...unfortunately my phone app puts them up in random order and I can't correct it.


Maggie did the cake all by herself except the words.  She is learning some great skills.













Maggie insisted that her preschool teacher also be invited. She is a sport, and played the game too :)



Snuggling in with Allyson, playing games on her phone.


Mags sitting at the front door waiting for her friends to arrive :)














Listening to the story




Making Nativity scene ornaments

No comments:

Post a Comment