Friday, January 27, 2012

A request....

I'm about as far away from a tech-savvy person as you can get.  I don't want an ipod, have been semi-against upgrading my phone to an iphone, and just overall don't have much to do with anything cool and exciting like that.  It's not that I think those things are bad, they're just not my "thing."  But, I do love music...I just don't have a "playlist"....I have a radio and CD player.  I stink at remembering who sings what, etc., but I love having praise and worship music flowing through my house.  I have always loved to sing, especially worship music, but as with most things lately, it makes me very emotional to try and get the words out....everything about the Lord has more meaning to me now, and my love, grief and neediness for Him just topples out instead of lyrics. 

All that being said, while I cannot sing much, especially at church, I surround myself with music daily.  For several days, I have been feeling a strong need to have worship music with me at the hospital.  The idea of just having the radio playing doesn't seem intimate enough or appealing....don't really want some radio personality talking about the weather while I'm in the midst of labor.  So, I have a request from anyone who's interested.  Since I'm not tech savvy, nor do I have anything to draw music from online and burn CDs myself, I am hoping a few people who enjoy this kind of thing would like to compile some awesome praise and worship CDs for me.  I feel like, aside from the actual music, that I will be having moral support from friends and family, knowing that they took the time to create something beautiful for me during a hard time.  I love almost everything they play on the radio stations these days.  I love all the "popular" artists, and don't have much more for you to go on other than that.  If this is something you'd like to do, just put things that are powerful to you, and I'm sure I'll love it. :)

If you don't know me well, or see me on a weekly basis or something, feel free to email me at brittanischmidt@yahoo.com for a way to get the CD to me, since I'm not comfortable putting my home mailing address on the internet for all to see. :)

Thanks, friends for your continued support, love and prayers.  We are all doing well this week, and have actually had a rather awesome week of just being a family and having fun. Today's a day full of playdates, tea parties, and a time out with some amazing friends tonight for me and Kyle. They are going to help us celebrate Elijah's life with a special "shower."  A shower of love. A shower of prayers.  I am so excited to be with them, and will post later all about it. My friend Andrea even offered to come take pics!!  Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment