Friday, March 2, 2012

Just a few moments...

I had just a few pictures from some special moments that I wanted to share.  On Elijah's birthday, my friend Trish, who had stored his birthday cake, brought it to us and visited a while.  That evening, we got it out to celebrate our little angel, and right before we cut into it, Mags said, "Can we sing Happy Birthday to him?"  Through many tears, our little broken family sang Happy Birthday to Elijah.  Then, we proceeded to stuff our faces with some yummy cake. :)



Tonight, we were gathering everything we need for the service tomorrow.  I had printed off a few pictures to have setting out, and as many moms of young kids, I sat in the floor out of habit when I was putting them in frames.  I finished my job, but didn't put the pictures away as soon as I was done.  A few minutes later, I was called into the room, and what I saw nearly knocked the wind out of me....


He was showing his little brother his new trucks.

5 comments:

  1. Oh brittani, I'm in tears...again. Thank you for sharing. And it looks like you found the perfect cake topper for Elijah. Hope to see you tomorrow. Prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit, you are able to translate your emotions so well through your writing. I admire yours and Kyle's courage so much and I pray for continued strength for you in the coming days. My heart aches for you but I'm thankful for the hope (ahem, ASSURANCE!) we have through Him and that you will get to someday see your sweet Elijah again. Love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittani, i have been in Colorado celebrating the life of my Grandma who past away last Thursday. I read that Elijah was born and began praying for your family immediately. I only wish I could have been there for his dedication with Judy! Please know that along with Elijah, your family is greatly loved by God and your brothers and sisters in Christ! In Christ, Jil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this gave me chills, Brittani. What sweet children you have - all 3 of them.

    ReplyDelete