Thursday, December 1, 2011

His Promise

This morning was a typical hectic morning of trying to get everyone fed and dressed and out the door on time, this time to got to MOPS.  Amongst the craziness, I realized that I had to stop and eat a tiny something just so I could make it through until our big Christmas brunch.  So, I took a minute to sit and scarf down a small bowl of cereal, when a beautiful thing happened. 
Not coincidentally, several tiny, ordinary things occured that created a special moment of peace and joy for me.  I had "just so happened" to open the blinds on the front room window, which usually never gets done until later in the afternoon.  I had "just so happened" to set a beautiful vase of flowers some dear friends sent yesterday on the half-wall we have in our front room.  I "just so happened" to choose to turn away from the kitchen table while eating so I could look at the kids instead of the mess on the table.  And, in the four minutes I "just so happened" to be taking a break to be still, God met me there.
For a fleeting 60 seconds or so, the light came in just perfectly through that window. It hit the water in the vase of those beautiful roses, and where I was turned to look, a perfect, arched rainbow covered my living room floor.  God made his promise to Noah and sealed the covenant with a rainbow.  He is promising me many things right now, and is making it breathtakingly obvious that He will stand behind those promises. 
I have never seen anything like that, and doubt I ever will again. But, I know that He gave me that moment of reassurance and amazing wonder to enjoy. What a gift.

*Ways you can be praying*
So many of my wonderful friends have been asking me specific ways they can be praying for us.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I am earnestly praying that we will be able to tell the sex of the baby at our ultrasound Monday morning. Please join me in that.
Also, and I honestly feel selfish in asking for this, because His timing is better than my timing, but I am praying that we can make it through the holiday season and William's birthday, January 4, with our baby still with us.  I want the focus of this time of year to be on Christ and family, not loss and grief.  I don't want mourning to taint our celebration every year from now on.
Lastly, I think just praying for continual grace, strength and the ability to still be loving, fun and effective parents to Mags and Will.  This is hard for them on different levels too, and I pray that we can best nurture them while helping them process all that is happening as God would want us to.

*Words of Thanks*
I am blown away and blessed beyond measure by how the church, our friends and the community has reached out to us.  It is such a comfort knowing that we are not on this road alone.   Thank you for all the emails and hugs and offers to help.  And, some people have said they are afraid of bombarding us, or bothering us, but please, please, please know that your love and concern for us is NEVER a bother.  We are grateful!  You have no idea how many times I have read your comments, notes and emails, over and over, and gotten strength from them. 

3 comments:

  1. I have become a rainbow hunter as well over the years. It is amazing how many you find simply because you go looking for them. Keep watching. He is faithful! Love you!

    Jer 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your concerns are not trivial. Thanks for giving us specific ways to pray. God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear how God is meeting you in a special way.

    ReplyDelete