Ok, I have never done a giveaway before, so forgive me if I botch it, but I am just too excited to give a copy of this book, "How We Love Our Kids" by Milan & Kay Yerkovich to TWO lucky readers! I mentioned this book last week, and how it has made a huge difference in my parenting right from the start! In a little over a week, I have noticed a considerable difference in Maggie as well!
So, I guess I have to set up some rules, huh? :) To enter, leave me a comment, sharing your funniest parenting moment (or if not yet a parent, some crazy/hilarious piece of advice you've been given on parenting)! Please don't forget to include your email address or link to your blog so I can contact you if you're the winner. All entries (hopefully there will be some) should be entered by Friday, April 15 at 12pm EST. Winners will be announced that evening.
Here is a review of the book from the publisher's website: http://www.waterbrookmultnomah.com/
One Small Change in How You Love
One Big Change in your Kids
Having problems with your kids? What if you are the problem and you just can’t see it? How We Love Our Kids offers a unique approach, to help you as a parent transform your kids by making specific changes in how you love. It’s the only book specifically for parents that reveals the unseen forces that shape every interaction with your kids.
- Identify which of the five love styles you have.
- Discover the surprising dynamics that shape your parenting.
- Get rid of your “buttons” so your kids can’t push them.
- Create a close connection with your kids that will last a lifetime.
- Learn the seven gifts every child needs.
With four self-assessments and powerful application tools to use with children of all ages.


Funny parenting moments seem to occur daily since my son, who is almost two, doesn't know how to say "yes," but only "no."
ReplyDeleteOne example is when I asked him to do a number of things and his answer to all of them was "no." Then, I asked whether he loved his papa and mommy -- no. Then, I asked whether he loved pickles and sausage -- and he laughed.u
uberfraunews.blogspot.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWith two children, ages 4 and 8, there are so many funny parenting moments to choose from. I'd have to say that the funniest moment occurred when my daughter Paige was in her Sunday School class. Her daddy, much to my dismay, enjoys vampire movies. Robert was watching one movie in particular that Paige happened to catch a glimpse of. When she asked me what it was, I replied, "Don't look sweetie, it's a dirty movie." Big mistake. The following Sunday, when it came time for prayer requests in Sunday School, Paige lovingly said, "Please pray for my Daddy. He watches dirty movies." I wanted to absolutely die!
ReplyDeletehttp://teacherandmomof2.blogspot.com/
I think my funniest parenting moment was last year when I was telling Blessing that I was excited that she was going to be 4. She promptly said, "No, I'm going to be 10." And for the next month or so, whenever anyone asked her how old she was, she told them she was 10. I have no idea where, but it was hilarious to see peoples responses to her seriously telling them that she was 10 years old.
ReplyDeleteJoy
workoutangel@iglide.net