I guess that Kyle and I say it at least three times a day: "Man, William is at such a fun age!"
He really is such a riot to be around right now. He is the sweetest and most adorable little guy! He smiles and waves at everyone. Everywhere. The kid exudes friendliness and fun.
One of his most recent new "tricks" has been the ability to identify his nose. It is also one of the cutest things I've ever seen, when he scrunches his nose up at us and breathes rapidly like a bull ready to stampede. Hysterical.
He also learned this week how to get down from Maggie's bed. He has been able to climb up for a while, but couldn't get down, so I would hear him grunting from her room, and walk in to find him in a chair or on the bed, waving the "all done" sign at me and laughing. While Mags and I were reading the other day, he discovered how to get down, so we cheered and clapped for him. Well, that was great attention, so he decided to repeat the excitement at least two dozen more times. He would begin smiling and clapping for himself before he even got his feet to the ground.
Last night, although our schedule was all thrown off, he went to the bathroom door promptly at 7pm, banged on it, then gave me the sign for "bath." The kid doesn't mess around! He wanted a bath, and pronto. He threw a wildly elaborate tantrum when I told him that it wasn't bath night. Oops.
Will also loves ducks. "Duck" was one of his first words. He just saw a bird fly past our house, and he yelled duck! I asked him where his duck was and he ran to the row of rubber duckies he had just meticulously lined up in the floor and scooped them all up for a group hug. Sweet.
Just a bit ago, He kept grunting at me and pulling on his diaper, so I went and got him a new one. I said, if you want me to change you, could you please lay down (never really expecting him to) and I about passed out when he began laying back on the floor to let me change him! Maggie never did that willingly!
He is learning to much and growing so fast. He is such an amazing joy! And, I might add, now the world's most eligible (and handsome) Prince William. :)
* On a side note, I made Mags watch some of the Royal Wedding with me last night. As she watched Kate ride in the car from her hotel to the wedding, she laughed as if the whole thing were absurd and said, "Mommy! That's so silly! That's not how the story goes! Princesses don't ride in cars! *pause* Oh, wait, did Cinderella ride in a car, Mommy?" Love that girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment